DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) – Averett University has announced the conferral of a total of 202 degrees for their Spring 2020 graduates.
Members of the staff and faculty created a video that the graduating class received this past weekend.
Also, Averett University has announced plans to reopen for in-person classes in the fall.
The full statement from the university is below:
Averett University is making plans to re-open this fall for in-person classes with the social distancing and other precautions necessary to ensure the health and safety of the members of our community. We are working diligently on a range of scenarios, all of which will be guided by public health guidelines concerning the COVID-19 virus, including restrictions pertaining to classroom and housing configurations; extra-curricular activities and event sizes; dining options; travel; community engagement, etc. We will share updates as soon as we can, but no matter the circumstances, our students will be able to continue moving forward with their education.“
- Bridge repairs to close Water Street until August 2023 in Buchanan
- ‘Whole house shook’: Loud ‘boom’ heard in Utah possibly a meteorite, video shows
- Northwest Ace Hardware and Salem Fair donate $7,725 to 127 Place
- GOP under fire for rhetoric over IRS
- 2022 hurricane names are set: Here’s what they’ll be