AMHERST COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Amherst County Pubic Schools is confirming two individuals have tested positive for COVID-19.
These positive cases include one from Amelon Elementary School and one from Amherst County High School.
District representatives say both schools will remain open at this time.
The district says those who may have been potentially exposed with be contacted by the Central Virginia Health Department and/or by Amherst County Public Schools.
Those who are contacted will be asked to begin quarantine by remaining at home to monitor symptoms of cough, shortness of breath, or a temperature higher than 100.4°F and practice social distancing for 14 days from your last contact.
- Pinpoint Weather: A sunny start to the weekend with first taste of winter for some into early next week
- Pinpoint Weather: Mild and dry the rest of the weekend, rainy and windy on Monday
- Staff member tests positive for COVID-19 at George Washington High School
- Blacksburg business reacts to second round of Blacksburg Bucks
- Calling all angels – NRV organization asking for help with their Angel Tree