ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Coronavirus concerns have led to the cancellation of another series of events in southwest Virginia, this time in Roanoke’s historic Grandin Village.
Grandin Village shared a post from “Grandin Chillage” — the Facebook account dedicated to the community events in the historic village — on Sunday, July 19 saying that all Grandin Chillage events have been canceled for the rest of 2020.
“We had been holding out hope for a chance to have a proper Village party,” said Grandin Chillage’s Facebook post. “However, with the current health crisis that is gripping the world right now, we can’t in good conscience have a gathering of that size and put our community at risk.”
For more information about Grandin Village and its events, visit the Grandin Village website.
- In ambulances, an unseen, unwelcome passenger: COVID-19
- Las Vegas law allowing alcohol deliveries from restaurants, convenience stores goes into effect
- 15-year-old dies after fight in Louisiana Walmart; 4 girls arrested
- Pittsylvania County resident dies following Saturday morning fire
- Biden plans to boost US manufacturers; govt to buy more American goods