FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The 2020 Franklin County Agricultural Fair will not happen this year due to coronavirus concerns. The announcement was made early Friday.
“Being the sixth annual hosting for the event, following a 40-year hiatus, it was not an easy decision to make. A number of community organizations, individuals and sponsors have worked long and hard to get us this far,” said David Rotenizer, chairman of the event and county director of tourism. “With so much uncertainty regarding public health and safety for large group gatherings, along with logistics for maintaining social distancing and sanitation, this was an unfortunate but required action.”
Organizers anticipate the fair will return Sept. 15-18, 2021.
- Legal challenge filed against Mountain Valley Pipeline
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- Free flu vaccine clinic scheduled for Saturday in Danville
- Dr. Fauci says COVID-19 vaccine won’t be available until January, warns U.S. is ‘not in a good place’ as cases spike