NELSON COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — Several staff are positive for COVID-19 and 20 are quarantined after a wedding at Nelson County’s Wintergreen Resort.
Lori Zaloga, marketing director at Wintergreen, told WFXR News that a wedding party at the resort October 10 and 11 informed the resort of some attendees testing positive. Staff who were exposed were identified and have since quarantined with pay while they wait for test results to come back.
Zaloga said the resort is working with the Virginia Department of Health and is following all protocols.
The Edge Restaurant is currently closed for “thorough” cleaning as well as facilities used for banquets, food, and beverage. Other facilities were not impacted, including golf, lodging, and the spa.
- Shop Safe, Shop Smart: how to stay safe from online scammers this holiday season
- Not overextending your holiday budget with the Virginia Cooperative Extension
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender from Norfolk arrested on US border in Maine, found with missing and endangered woman
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- Virginia hospitals warn of staff shortage possibilities if COVID-19 is not brought under control quickly