Grill fire damages Roanoke County home

News
fire fighter 3_1558039230342.jpg.jpg

ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Roanoke Fire and Rescue crews responded to reports of a fire Thursday evening to the 5400 block of Orchard Villas Circle in the Bonsack area for a report of a residential structure fire.

City of Roanoke Fire/EMS were first to respond and found heavy smoke in the area and a grill on fire on a patio at the rear of a quad of condominiums.

The fire was brought under control in about five minutes.

Damage from the fire extended to the patio wall and also damaged some windows on one condominium. The inside living area of the home was not damaged.

The two adults living in the residents will be able to stay at the home.

Crews from the City of Roanoke, Read Mountain, Vinton and North County responded to the fire.

Roanoke County Fire Marshall’s Office determined the fire was caused by a malfunction of a gas grill.

Damage is estimated to be around $6,000 and there were no injuries to people or pets.

Roanoke County Fire and Rescue reminds residents to keep your grill well away from anything that can burn including deck railings, vinyl siding and eaves or the overhang of your roof.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

News tips

Do you have a news tip or breaking news to share with WFXR?  Submit your tip here.

Latest News

More News

News Tip Form