POWELL, OH (WCMH) — The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has released a new video of baby gorilla, Jamani, sleeping in her mother’s arms.
The female western lowland gorilla baby named Jamani was born just about a month ago to Cassie, and first-time father, Ktembe, according to the zoo.
The zoo website states that western lowland gorillas have a single birth every three to four years and gestation lasts between 255 and 265 days, or approximately 8.5 months.
Here is Jamani’s original birth announcement the zoo posted on Facebook. You can see how much she’s grown from these pictures.
- US coronavirus deaths surpass 100,000 as states continue reopening
- WATCH LIVE 2 p.m.: Gov. Northam to update Virginia on COVID-19 response
- Man who allegedly broke into bank says he did it for a ‘Hot Pocket’
- ‘He needed a different fit’: YouTuber, husband place adopted 4-year-old son with autism with ‘new mommy’
- West Virginia man faces murder charge after accused of shooting mother in the head