POWELL, OH (WCMH) — The Columbus Zoo and Aquarium has released a new video of baby gorilla, Jamani, sleeping in her mother’s arms.
The female western lowland gorilla baby named Jamani was born just about a month ago to Cassie, and first-time father, Ktembe, according to the zoo.
The zoo website states that western lowland gorillas have a single birth every three to four years and gestation lasts between 255 and 265 days, or approximately 8.5 months.
Here is Jamani’s original birth announcement the zoo posted on Facebook. You can see how much she’s grown from these pictures.
- Workers strike at Volvo’s Pulaski County plant
- VDH: 1,608 new COVID-19 cases; 15 new hospitalizations in Virginia as of Saturday
- Va. reports 1,063 adverse reactions with over 5 million COVID vaccines administered
- Prince Philip’s funeral live updates: Queens sits alone in chapel
- Pinpoint Weather: Seasonably cool temperatures, slight shower chances this weekend