RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – Not one…not two, but three SWVA residents are basking in the glory of each winning $100,000 from the Virginia lottery!
Kathryn Ruffin from Montgomery County scratched off her 10X the Money scratcher ticket.
Ruffin, from Riner, bought her winning ticket at JOCO Mart in Christiansburg.
She says she has no immediate plans for her winnings.
Secondly, Diane DeHaven, from Wirtz, Franklin County, visited the Stop In Food Store on Franklin Road in Roanoke fora Cash 5 ticket just before the new year.
She matched all five winning numbers from the Dec. 31 night draw to win the game’s top prize of $100,000.
Her winning numbers were 3-5-7-21-29, which just happened to be family members’ birthdays.
DeHaven said she plans on paying bills and saving her winnings.
Lastly, Edward Trent also played the Cash 5 game, but his winnings came a few days later when, on Jan. 2, he visited the Nishi Food Mart on Bennington Street in Southeast Roanoke.
He selected the numbers 5-7-12-17-18, which just happened to be the five numbers drawn that night.
Trent also walked away $100,000 richer.
He says he “feels pretty good” about winning the top prize.
Congratulations to all three recent LOCAL winners from the Virginia Lottery!
- WVU announces “more than a dozen” students have tested positive for COVID-19
- President Trump jokes he’ll “take a look” at giving pardon to Joe Exotic
- USFS: Spy Rock Trailhead temporarily closed due to health crisis
- Congress breaks tradition during pandemic; House members can submit bills electronically
- Disney+ hits 50 million subscribers after five months