PULASKI, Va. (WFXR) — The Town of Pulaski kicked off the Christmas season more than a week early this year — and in a slightly different format — by airing the traditional Jackson Park tree lighting ceremony on Facebook Live Wednesday evening.
The town would normally light the trees on Dec. 3, the same day as the Christmas parade.
However, in order to bring some holiday cheer during these chaotic times, as well as protect the health and safety of the Pulaski community, town officials decided to livestream the tree lighting ceremony the night before Thanksgiving.
You can watch the recording of Pulaski’s Jackson Park tree lighting ceremony here:
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration