HALIFAX, Va. (WFXR) — The Halifax community is applauding a public servant for stepping up and taking care of a couple’s lawn while the man felt under the weather.
The Halifax Police Department announced on Facebook that Officer Bowen noticed an overgrown yard at a house on Gatha’s Trail while patrolling on Thursday, April 2. Knowing that the lawn was usually well-maintained, the department says the officer conducted a welfare check and spoke with the homeowners, Mr. and Mrs. Quarles.
After learning that Mr. Quarles had been under the weather and was unable to mow the lawn, the department says Officer Bowen took it upon himself to help out and cut the grass himself.
- As COVID-19 surges in Iowa, Congress still can’t pass relief
- Record 3rd-quarter growth; 8M more in poverty
- Shooting leaves one injured in NW Roanoke
- Roanoke Police release more details after four injured in Wednesday shooting
- Playbook | Halloween in the ACC