(WFXR) – Wes Iseli has been a well-known fixture in the Roanoke area for years as he routinely visits Carilion Children’s Hospital to perform for children. This past week, he performed a routine on national television – and won.
Iseli appeared on Penn & Teller’s show, Fool Us on the CW and performed for the famed duo.
His performance involved a coin trick where he asked members of the studio audience – and Penn & Teller – to guess whether the coin would land heads or tails. With each toss, more and more members of the audience were eliminated with an incorrect prediction.
At the end, one member of the studio audience was left.
On a sheet of paper, Iseli correctly predicted what that audience member looked like, which impressed Penn and Teller enough to win that night’s competition.
Isely is excited about the opportunities that could follow from appearing on the show.
“Well, I have my baby with me,” said Iseli as he held up his winning trophy. “I brought it all the way down to Roanoke, to show it off for you, just to let you see it. I had to pack it with towels, put it in a suitcase, pack extra towels. This is my baby!”
If you missed Iseli’s performance, you can see it again this Sunday night at 9 p.m. on WWCW, The CW Virginia.
- Pinpoint Weather: Hot with isolated storms possible in Southwest VA
- Robotic pets used to remedy loneliness in nursing homes across Alabama
- Sources: Big Ten, other top conferences meeting to decide fate of 2020 college football season
- Warren County Sheriff told: Rachel Ray’s house on fire
- Senior Sunday: Hidden Valley’s Sean Gibbons