ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Amid all the chaos and uncertainty of 2020, Roanoke pet owners will have the opportunity Friday afternoon to have their animals blessed for the next year.
St. Andrew’s Catholic Church is set to hold its annual Pet Blessing event at the Roanoke Catholic Mall on Friday, Oct. 2, in honor of the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi.
The church says there will be a blessing for family pets from Roanoke Catholic School at 3:20 p.m. on Friday, and then another pet blessing at 4:30 p.m. for the St. Andrew’s families.
According to the church, social distancing needs to be followed.
“We’re not kitten around, it’s sure to be a paw-some event!” St. Andrew’s Catholic Church wrote on Facebook on Wednesday, Sept. 30.
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration