DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Police Department welcomed two new members to the Chaplain Unit on Monday morning, with the mission of supporting both the officers and the people those officers serve.
The department says Ernest Coppage and Scott Spalding were sworn in on Monday, Sept. 28, and will join Senior Chaplain G.H. Vaughan.
According to police, department chaplains serve on a volunteer basis in order to provide counseling and emotional support to members of the department, family members, and community members.
If you are interested in assisting the department to serve the public as a Danville Police Department chaplain — or learning more about becoming a department chaplain — call the Services Division Training Section at (434) 799-6520, option four.
- Pittsylvania County Parks and Rec cancels winter youth sports due to COVID-19 concerns
- ‘Out on the town’: 200-pound tortoise back home after escaping Alabama pen
- Man charged in 2-month-old daughter’s death left trail of destruction
- Scientists remove 98 ‘murder hornets’ in Washington state
- Woman accused of impersonating prosecutor, attempting to drop her own case