DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Police Department welcomed two new members to the Chaplain Unit on Monday morning, with the mission of supporting both the officers and the people those officers serve.
The department says Ernest Coppage and Scott Spalding were sworn in on Monday, Sept. 28, and will join Senior Chaplain G.H. Vaughan.
According to police, department chaplains serve on a volunteer basis in order to provide counseling and emotional support to members of the department, family members, and community members.
If you are interested in assisting the department to serve the public as a Danville Police Department chaplain — or learning more about becoming a department chaplain — call the Services Division Training Section at (434) 799-6520, option four.
- Friday Night Blitz : Friday, April 16, 2021
- Former Liberty Flames player Emily Lytle signs with Virginia Tech
- William Byrd names new boys and girls head basketball coaches
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 2C Final/Glenvar at Appomattox County
- Friday Night Blitz : Region 5D Final/Mountain View at William Fleming