DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — The Danville Police Department welcomed two new members to the Chaplain Unit on Monday morning, with the mission of supporting both the officers and the people those officers serve.
The department says Ernest Coppage and Scott Spalding were sworn in on Monday, Sept. 28, and will join Senior Chaplain G.H. Vaughan.
According to police, department chaplains serve on a volunteer basis in order to provide counseling and emotional support to members of the department, family members, and community members.
If you are interested in assisting the department to serve the public as a Danville Police Department chaplain — or learning more about becoming a department chaplain — call the Services Division Training Section at (434) 799-6520, option four.
- Disney to update Jungle Cruise, remove ‘negative depictions’ of Indigenous people
- 1 dead, several critically injured after a tornado in Alabama
- Former CDC director urges Americans to wear better masks to protect from new COVID-19 strains
- When will everyone have access to COVID vaccine? Biden says this spring
- UPDATE: Power, traffic lights out out near scene of landslide at Roanoke car wash