CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — A Christiansburg police officer went above and beyond the call of duty on Sunday, choosing to brave the stench of an underground storm drain to rescue six baby ducks trapped inside a manhole.
According to Officer Andy Beane with the Christiansburg Police Department, he and Officer Ben Cronk responded to a call on Sunday, June 28 about ducks that fell down a storm drain and were trapped.
Beane says Cronk dropped down into the smelly manhole where the baby ducks ended up. In addition, Cronk crawled 100 yards through a three-foot pipe to rescue the other ducklings from the underground storm drain, according to Beane.
Cronk rescued a total of six baby ducks from that storm drain, Beane says.
- Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office receives hand-written letters, sweets from local Farm Bureau committee
- Young promotes Giltner to Hokies’ assistant coach
- Generals’ virtual 5K hopes to tackle social issues, end racism
- Younger demographic of West Virginians test positive for COVID-19
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?