(NewsNation Now) — Elaborate weddings are expected to make a comeback this year as many couples had to cancel their 2020 plans due to the coronavirus pandemic.
One wedding officiant in Texas says she was surprised by the number of couples who wanted to get married as the year came to a close, officiating four to five weddings on one weekend. She says many couples simply wanted to say “I do” and worked with the COVID-19 restrictions.
The wedding officiant says that more “Save the Dates” have already been scheduled for 2021 compared to last year, with most couples planning to tie the knot this fall.
- Bill in the General Assembly would make community college free for certain Virginians
- Covington-based Facebook group renews push to ‘Help Solve Aggie Albert’s Murder’
- See the auroras from space in newly released photos
- ‘Paramedic of the Year’ arrested in theft of Florida COVID vaccines
- Postal Service to release new series of ‘Star Wars’-themed stamps