BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – It certainly has been a busy holiday season for the Bedford County Sheriff’s Office.
They held three events – all of which helped to put smiles on the faces of area children.
The first event the department held was the 2020 Toys for Kids campaign that provided Christmas to children, within Bedford County schools, in need of special holiday cheer.
The Bedford County Sheriff’s Department along with local Dollar General stores hosted toy boxes to collect donations. With the donations they received, local children received items including toys and clothes.
Then, the 2020 Shop with a Cop gave families the opportunity to have the type of Christmas all children love, with the help of Bedford County Social Services with additional donations that were handed out to local children.
Lastly, the 2020 Bedford Christmas Station held multiple dates to ensure a quality Christmas was had by all.
- No. 18 Virginia routs No. 12 Clemson to stay perfect in ACC
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Liberty Bounces Back with Win at Stetson
- 20-year-old woman starts up new business in Boones Mill
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration