VINTON, Va. (WFXR) — Two members of the Vinton Volunteer First Aid Crew celebrated a special day with a one-year-old boy and his family on Sunday.
According to a Facebook post from the Roanoke County Fire & Rescue Department, J.J. Wingfield’s mother ended up giving birth to her son at a Kroger in Vinton on Jan. 19, 2019.
Vinton Volunteer First Aid Crew Chief Wayne Guffey and firefighting paramedic Kelly Stoots were part of the crew that helped deliver J.J. in the Kroger parking lot.
In honor of his first birthday, J.J. and his family reunited with Guffey and Stoots in the same Kroger parking lot where J.J. was born.
- Stanley shoots Duke past Hokies
- Double OT win, four-peat victory highlight emotional performances at state wrestling meet
- Brookville Bees go three-for-three in state wrestling finals
- Christiansburg wrestling finish as state runners-up behind New Kent
- Area teen’s dying wish granted, thanks to generosity of community