DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — As Valentine’s Day draws closer, the Danville Area Humane Society demonstrates that trees and ornaments are not exclusive to Christmastime.
On Monday, Jan. 20, the Danville Area Humane Society announced on Facebook that pet owners could celebrate their fluffy valentines by purchasing a red or pink heart ornament for the shelter’s Valentine’s Day tree.
The pet’s name will be added to the ornament — which can be picked up from the shelter on Feb. 15 — and the $5 charge will go toward the April Hyler Hogan Fund to finance medical care for shelter animals. Anyone who purchases four ornaments will receive an ornate white ornament for free.
As of Friday afternoon, the names of almost 40 pets are hanging from the Valentine’s Day tree in the Danville Area Humane Society lobby.
If you are interested in purchasing a valentine on behalf of your pet(s), you can submit an order via PayPal; send a check to P.O. Box 3352, Danville, VA 24543; or pay in person at the Danville Area Humane Society at 996 South Boston Road.
- Economic fallout mounts, along with competition for gear
- President Trump approves Virginia’s disaster declaration
- ‘Tiger King’ Joe Exotic transfers to hospital after fellow inmates test positive for COVID-19
- Reese Witherspoon’s Draper James giving dresses to teachers as a thank you
- Clear skies and breezy conditions close out the work week.