ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — Freedom First Credit Union announced their 2019 grant recipients, totaling $35,0000, benefiting community nonprofits in Roanoke and the New River Valley.
The 2019 grant recipients are:
- Blue Ridge Literacy – The $3,000 grant will go towards their citizenship classes, and the organization’s goal to achieve a 100% pass rate for participants scheduled to take the 2020 citizenship test.
- Boys & Girls Club of SWVA – The $5,000 grant will support the Project Learn Program, which presents academic programming to students.
- LovABLE Services – The $5,000 will support Chris’s Coffee & Custard, a job training site for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Franklin County Public School Educational Foundation – The $5,000 grant will support the Life Check Program, which teaches students personal financing
- Live, Work, Eat, Gather, Inc., Millstone Kitchen – The $5,000 grant will support Millstone Kitchen, a shared commercial kitchen, located in the old School center of the Prices Fork Elementary School.
- Roanoke Children’s Theatre – $2,000 will support RCT4TEENS, a health education program using theatre to learn healthy behaviors.
- Roanoke Hospitality House – $5,000 will go towards providing adult patients and caregivers traveling to Roanoke a comfortable alternative to a hospital waiting room.
- TAP – $5,000 will support Sabrina’s Place, which serves families affected by domestic violence and/or sexual assault by providing a secured facility for supervised visitations.
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- A two-week shut down is a possible option in Virginia to stunt COVID-19 spread after Thanksgiving
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?
- A behind the scenes look at the Rescue Mission of Roanoke
- White House kicks off holiday season welcoming official tree