FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Officials in Roanoke County are no longer alone in asking Congress to pass the Restore Our Parks Act.
Supervisors in Franklin County have joined in the plea.
They passed a resolution unanimously on Tuesday, stating that recent issues that forced a closure along parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway are just a small part of overdue repairs in the park’s system that brings thousands of visitors to the Blue Ridge and surrounding communities.
- Family displaced after chimney fire spreads to attic in Roanoke County
- The Drumstick Dash idea came from a neighboring state
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- Days after circuit court orders Yellow Finch Tree Sitters to leave, “we’re still here.”
- COVID-19 hospitalization numbers released from the Near Southwest Region of Virginia