FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) – Officials in Roanoke County are no longer alone in asking Congress to pass the Restore Our Parks Act.
Supervisors in Franklin County have joined in the plea.
They passed a resolution unanimously on Tuesday, stating that recent issues that forced a closure along parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway are just a small part of overdue repairs in the park’s system that brings thousands of visitors to the Blue Ridge and surrounding communities.
- Man’s Best Cure: VT scientists lead the way in cross-species cancer research
- Washington Huddle web exclusive with Scott Jackson of Redskins Game Day
- UVA-Wise program will pay tuition for students in families that earn $40K or less
- FBI seeks tips from current and former patients of OB-GYN Javaid Perwaiz
- Dominion Energy’s request for increase in rate of return on equity denied by state regulators