LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR)– Lynchburg Fire Department says crews were called to reports of a structure fire at the Woodbine Village apartments on 1442 Ashbourne Drive, around 7:05 p.m.

When they arrived, crews found smoke coming from the edges of the roof of the two-story wooden building.

Firefighters say two residents were standing outside of the home, telling them the fire was in the upstairs bathroom.

They went in opened the ceiling in the bathroom and found smoldering beams in an attic crawlspace.

It was quickly extinguished.

The townhome suffered smoke and water damage, but the dollar amount of damage has not been determined.

Fire officials believe the fire started when an exhaust fan in the bathroom overheated and ignited portions of the attic.

The crews were on scene for about two hours trying to ventilate the building, and a townhome next door, which shared the same attic space.

No injuries were reported.