ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – After months of planning, hundreds of electric scooters are making their way onto city streets.
The company Lime has teamed up with city leaders to unveil the new fleet and show people how to use them.
They will start with an initial fleet of around 100 and expand to around 400 by next weekend.
“The reason we’re here in Roanoke is to reduce congestion.”Chris Robbins, Senior Operations Manager, Lime
Lime’s operations are also bringing jobs to Roanoke.
Folks can sign up to get a scooter and get paid to re-charge them before bringing them to docks around the city.
- Roanoke Valley Family Magazine helping the community during COVID-19 Pandemic
- FL Sheriff: I’ll deputize gun owners if violent protests erupt
- Taubman Museum of Art re-opening Friday, debuting new exhibit
- Las Vegas teenager shares harrowing COVID-19 experience
- Doctor breaks down impact a vaccine will have on children suffering from Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome related to COVID-19