ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – After months of planning, hundreds of electric scooters are making their way onto city streets.
The company Lime has teamed up with city leaders to unveil the new fleet and show people how to use them.
They will start with an initial fleet of around 100 and expand to around 400 by next weekend.
“The reason we’re here in Roanoke is to reduce congestion.”Chris Robbins, Senior Operations Manager, Lime
Lime’s operations are also bringing jobs to Roanoke.
Folks can sign up to get a scooter and get paid to re-charge them before bringing them to docks around the city.
- VCU plans to track student attendance with new pilot program
- Ambassador ousted by Trump testifies at impeachment hearing
- Two identified as possible suspects in Oct. murder of Travis Pannell
- EXCLUSIVE: Interview with the mother, grandmother of Michael Brown
- From “Bless your heart” to UN Ambassador, Haley talks relationship with Trump