BLACKSBURG, Va. (WFXR) — With the end of 2021 less than two months away, Virginia Tech is already gearing up for the fall 2021 and spring 2022 commencement ceremonies.
The fall 2021 commencement will take place on Friday, Dec. 17, with the university ceremony scheduled for 10:30 a.m. and the Graduate School ceremony at 2:30 p.m. at Cassell Coliseum. Masks will be required.
The university says that tickets are not currently required for commencement guests, but if you cannot make it to Blacksburg, both ceremonies will be livestreamed.
For more information about the fall commencement for 2021 — such as ordering regalia and making a Senior Class Gift — click here.
As for spring 2022, Virginia Tech plans to host commencement ceremonies by college in order to accommodate the growing Hokie classes, as well as their families and friends.
According to school officials, the university commencement ceremony will take place on May 13, 2022. Meanwhile, the college-specific ceremonies will be held between May 7 and May 15, 2022.
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, previous ceremonies were held in venues across campus, some at the departmental level.
For 2022, though, unless otherwise noted, the university says that spring ceremonies will take place in Lane Stadium.
“By moving the events to Lane Stadium, space for graduates and those celebrating them will no longer be limited,” Virginia Tech said in a statement on Thursday, Nov. 18. “Capacity limits for commencement ceremonies will adhere to public health guidelines.”
Here’s a look at the complete schedule for Virginia Tech’s spring 2022 commencement ceremonies:.
- Saturday, May 7, 2022
- 9 a.m. — Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine (Roanoke)
- Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- 3:30 p.m. — Graduate School commencement
- 7 p.m. — Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine (Public Health) Ceremony
- Thursday, May 12, 2022
- 8:30 a.m. — Pamplin College of Business
- Noon — Pamplin College of Business
- 3:30 p.m. — College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- 7 p.m. — College of Natural Resources and Environment
- Friday, May 13, 2022
- 8:30 a.m. — University commencement
- 3:30 p.m. — College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
- 7 p.m. — VTCC Commissioning (Burruss Hall)
- 7 p.m. — Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) Ceremony (Moss Arts Center)
- Saturday, May 14, 2022
- 8:30 a.m. — College of Architecture and Urban Studies
- Noon — College of Science
- 3:30 p.m. — College of Engineering
- 7 p.m. — College of Engineering
- Sunday, May 15, 2022
- 1 p.m. — Graduate School commencement (Washington, D.C., Metro Area)
To learn more about commencement at Virginia Tech, follow this link.
For breaking news delivered to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking news email list
Get breaking news, weather, and sports delivered to your smartphone with the WFXR News app available on Apple and Android.