RADFORD, Va. (WFXR) — Radford City Public Schools has announced that it will be providing a virtual program to support the changing needs of students starting in the 2021-22 school year.
The new program, VIIRTUAL Academy will help the district provide the most robust virtual learning platform possible.
The academy will feature the following:
- Free online learning opportunities for residents of Radford, presented by Radford City Public Schools
- All grade levels/subjects will be taught by licensed teachers
- Eligible to participate in VHSL sponsored athletics, clubs and activities
- Technology is provided
- Access to learning labs will be offered for academic support and enrichment opportunities
- Earn a diploma approved by the Virginia Board of Education.
Students will still have the option of learning in-person during the next school year.
Radford City Schools has released a video explaining the instructional choices for the 2021-22 school year, which can be viewed below.
The district is asking parents to complete an online survey about the upcoming 2021-22 learning models, which can be found by clicking here.