LYNCHBURG, Va. (WFXR) — The driver who crashed into a utility pole in front of E.C. Glass High School died of his injuries earlier this month.
The crash occurred on Feb. 4, at 4:50 p.m. on Memorial Drive, according to Lynchburg Police. The driver, Robert Preston Petty, 54, of Lynchburg, was transported to Lynchburg General Hospital with serious injuries, police said.
Petty later died on Feb. 9, according to police.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Danville man faces charges in early-March homicide
- Coronavirus Digital Special Report: Roanoke virtual press conference and possible changes to Virginia elections
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies
- Strong to severe storms today and Thursday
- Redskins weigh drafting Chase Young vs. trading No. 2 pick