(WFXR) — All across America, restaurants are showing their appreciation for our military by offering free meals or significant discounts to veterans and active duty soldiers. A full list of restaurant chains offering Veterans Day deals can be found here, but here are the top ten.
Note: unless otherwise specified, these deals are limited to Monday, Nov. 11 and will require valid proof of past or present military service.
- Applebee’s Grill & Bar offers a free meal from a limited menu to those with proof of service.
- Chili’s Grill & Bar will allow veterans and active duty military to choose a complimentary meal from a select menu listed here.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill will extend a “buy one, get one free” offer for their entrees (but only one free entree per U.S. military ID).
- Denny’s will allow all active, reservist, and veteran members of the military to participate in a free “Build your own Grand Slam” breakfast from 5 a.m. to noon.
- Dunkin’ Donuts will not just give all soldiers a free donut, but also a thank-you card from nonprofit organization A Million Thanks.
- Golden Corral Buffet & Grill hosts its annual “Military Appreciation Night”, which offers a free sit-in dinner and drink to any past or present member of the military from 5-9 p.m.
- Little Caesars Pizza will prepare its signature “$5 HOT-N-READY” lunch combo for $0 for any active or former military personnel between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Logan’s Roadhouse offers soldiers a free meal from their “American Roadhouse” menu from 3-6 p.m.
- Outback Steakhouse already shows its appreciation for those who protect our country — including members of law enforcement and first responders — through their 10 percent “Heroes Discount” and their partnership with the Operation Homefront charity. However, from Friday, Nov. 8 through Monday, Nov. 11, Outback Steakhouse is doubling its discount to 20 percent for our nation’s heroes.
- Starbucks Coffee will not only offer a free cup of coffee to all active, reserve, and veteran members of the military and their spouses, but for every cup of coffee sold around the country, Starbucks will donate 25 cents to the nonprofit organizations Team Rubicon and Team Red, White and Blue.