ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) – Inflation is taking a big bite out of budgets when it comes to grocery shopping and people are looking for ways to save a few bucks while at the store.
Maynard Keller, a local financial planner and father of five, has eight tips to help families save money when it comes to groceries.
- Don’t grocery shop when hungry.
- Plan weekly meals based on what is on sale.
- Have a shopping list and stick to it.
- Start shopping trips at the sale/clearance section.
- Invest in a freezer. This allows you to buy more and save for later.
- Buy in bulk when you have the opportunity, but only buy what you will use.
- Compare prices at various stores before buying.
- Cook enough food to pack your lunch.