(WFXR) DANVILLE, Va. – Danville’s Fire Department responded to reports of a fire in the 900 block of Roberts St. early Wednesday morning.
Crews arrived on the scene at 2:21 a.m. After making their way inside, firefighters found smoke throughout the basement.
Crews set up a ventilation fan and went inside to search for residents who made it outside safely.
The cause of the smoke turned out to be a fire in the breaker box. Crews had that fire under control within minutes.
The house had smoke damage, while the basement sustained minor fire and water damage.
The Fire Marshal’s office says the cause of that fire was electrical related.