UPDATE: 6:29 a.m. –Franklin County announced it’s burns ban will be lifted at 9 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 23.
DANVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — Outdoor burning is now allowed in Danville after several days of rain.
Burn bans spread across central and southern Virginia over the past month as the area entered a severe drought.
The rain will continue with moderate to heavy rain forecasts for Tuesday, Oct. 22.
- Pinpoint Weather: One more decent day Sunday before rain, colder weather moves in
- Virginia Tech upsets No. 3 Villanova 81-73 in overtime
- 15th Annual Gingerbread Festival: Gingerbread house competition
- Liberty knocks off another SEC opponent in Gamecocks 78-62
- ‘Small Business Saturday is important to us,’ Local businesses share why shopping local is critical amid COVID-19