ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) and the Roanoke County government announced on Tuesday that motorists who use Route 618 can expect at least two weeks of daily road closures for ditch work starting on Feb. 19.
According to current estimates from Roanoke County Planning Services, Route 618 — also known as Highland Road — will be closed 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Wednesday, Feb. 19 through Friday, March 6 for daily ditch work. Authorities say the closure will stretch from 2838 Highland Road to Eastland Road for crews to perform ditch work in the area.
If crews are still working along Route 618 on Tuesday, March 3, Roanoke County officials say that VDOT will try to reopen the road that day to accommodate election traffic.
- A Broadway performer on how he’s making it work during the pandemic
- Fraud overwhelms pandemic-related unemployment programs
- Pinpoint Weather: Rain moves in overnight, prepare for a wet Monday morning commute
- Warmer weather means more motorcycles on the road; DMV recommends motorists be on the lookout
- Police: Officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask