ROANOKE, Va. (WFXR) — A criminal complaint against Michael Brown for the suspected murder of his mother’s boyfriend says she witnessed the crime.
According to the complaint filed in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia, Brown’s mother, Vanessa Hanson, said her son killed her boyfriend, Rodney Brown .
Hanson also identified the vehicle in which Michael Brown fled via pictures taken from a gas station prior to his suspected crime.
In the complaint, dated Nov. 13, law enforcement believed Brown fled to South Carolina to avoid arrest.
The document also describes Brown’s status as an active duty Marine “who has absented himself from this unit, organization and place of duty at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, without authority and has demonstrated his intent to remain away therefrom permanently, constituting the offense of Desertion in violation of 10 United States Code 886.”
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery