UPDATE 5:30 p.m.: Roanoke Fire-EMS have issued a statement regarding both fires earlier this morning in Southeast Roanoke.
“Both continue to be under investigation, no cause to release at this time. We don’t believe the two fires are connected. If anyone has any information on these fires please contact the Roanoke Fire Marshal’s Office at (540)853-2795.”Kristin Perdue, Community Risk Reduction Specialist for Roanoke City
ORIGINAL STORY – Firefighters are working to identify the cause of an early morning house fire in Roanoke this morning.
The call came in around 2:05 A.M. that a structure was fully involved in the 700 block of Bullitt Avenue, near Elm Avenue.
According to Community Risk Reduction Specialist for Roanoke Fire and EMS Kristen Perdue, someone spotted the fire from the street and alerted the family.
All six residents were safely evacuated. No injuries are being reported.
A second house fire was reported in southeast Roanoke around 4 a.m.
This is a developing story.
- Pinpoint Weather: Warming up over the weekend
- Liberty Flames hold first practice of the season
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening
- Extra safety precautions to be in place ahead of students’ arrival at North Cross School in Roanoke
- Shriners cancel Clifton Forge Fall Festival due to COVID-19