BOTETOURT COUNTY, Va. (WFXR) — The couple charged in the robbery of a Grandin Village bank are now facing charges for a bank robbery in Botetourt County.
WFXRtv.com was the first to report the robbery of Carter Bank and Trust in Botetourt County earlier this month. The Botetourt County Sheriff’s Office confirmed to WFXR Monday, Nov. 25, that it has filed charges in this case.
David Stafford, 41, of Roanoke, and Jessica Huffmyer, 35, of Roanoke, face charges for the robbery at Carter Bank and Trust. The two are already in custody for the robbery of Pinnacle Bank in Roanoke’s Grandin Village earlier this month.
A search warrant filed in Roanoke City Circuit Court said tips received by law enforcement connected the getaway vehicle at the Carter Bank and Trust robbery to Huffmyer.
According to the search warrant, Huffmyer “made statements against her penal interest involving this incident, advised that items used in this incident could be found at her residence.”
- Roanoke College falls to Greensboro in season opener
- Mangum leads Radford past Campbell 97-91 in 3OT
- Renewed rivalries mark opening night for Roanoke City Schools
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Police investigating after $250K worth of hemp stolen from TruHarvest Farms