RICHMOND, Va. (AP / WFXR) — The sale of firearms in Virginia rose to historic levels during the month of June.
According to the latest numbers from the Virginia Firearms Transaction Center, a total of 81,204 transactions for new firearms took place last month – a record for the highest monthly total since data began being collected by the State Police in 1990.
Those figures showed a 157-percent increase over June 2019’s numbers.
- Virginia House Democrats aim to pass measures to aid workers, policing reforms during special session
- University of Richmond warns students of suspension or eviction if they break COVID-19 rules
- Chatham Volunteer Fire Department mourns loss of long-time fire chief
- Roanoke woman celebrates her 106th birthday today with more than 2,600 birthday, greeting cards
- Christiansburg family raises money, creates foundation for local foster children