(WFXR) – Memorial Day is also National Wine Day and in a recent survey, Virginia is the second-highest-ranking state for wine lovers.
The map above was compiled by the cooking and food site TheDaringKitchen.com which used trends software with direct access to geotagged Twitter data
It focused on Twitter hashtags such as #winelover, #lovewine, #winedrinker, #nationalwineday, and others.
Over 450,000 tweets were tracked.
The top ten states for wine lovers are:
- Rhode Island
- New York
- Ferrum pitcher Will Davis finds success in Martinsville
- Duke hires Celtics’ Kara Lawson as women’s basketball coach
- Virginia sheriff’s deputy who said he was attacked Friday night charged with falsely summonsing law enforcement and obstruction of justice
- Boy calls for help; says his father shot his mother in Wythe County, authorities say
- Walking through African American history at Old City Cemetery