RICHMOND, Va. (WJHL) — Virginia health officials have reported the first pediatric flu death of the 2019-2020 flu season.
The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) says a teenager in Virginia’s northern region died from flu-related complications.
No other information about the case was provided.
An average of three flu-related pediatric deaths are reported each year in Virginia.
VDH says it has received 773 reports of pneumonia and flu-related deaths and has investigated 61 flu outbreaks through February 1.
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- UPDATE: Southbound I-77 reopens in Bland County after vehicle fire at East River Mountain Tunnel
- Virginia NAACP says constitutional amendment on the ballot would adversely affect Black voters
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- Amid social unrest, local sheriff’s office prepares for National Night Out