CHILHOWIE, VA. (WFXR) — Police announced Sunday a missing 14-year-old girl from Chilhowie was found and her 19-year-old companion was taken into custody.
According to the Chilhowie Police Department, as of July 31, 14-year-old Cassidy Sexton was believed to be with 19-year-old Andrew Taylor. They were last seen at a gas station in Athens, Tennessee, but police believed they were possibly traveling to California.
A warrant is on file for Taylor.
The department says another 14-year-old girl who was reported missing and believed to be in the company of Taylor was found safe in Meigs County, Tennessee.
However, on Sunday, Aug. 8, police announced Sexton and Taylor have been located.
The Smyth County Sheriff’s Office says the two were tracked down in Tennessee.
Sexton is reportedly set to return to Chilhowie, but Taylor has been taken into custody.
Officials with the Chilhowie Police Department said they, “would like to thank everyone who provided information leading to their whereabouts. We would also like to thank the Smyth County Sheriff’s Office, The Aware Foundation and National Center for Missing & Exploited Children and all other agencies that participated in the search for them.”
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- UPDATE: Crash cleared on Route 29 south in Campbell County
- ‘Would you shut up, man?’: Trump, Biden interrupt each other during chaotic debate
- State Police investigate fatal tractor-trailer crash in Wythe County near the I-81/I-77 split
- Franklin County crash claims life of Ferrum man