MONTCALM, W.Va. (WVNS/WFXR) — State troopers from the Princeton Detachment of the West Virginia State Police are investigating a fatal accident in the Montcalm area of Mercer County.
Investigators say a Jeep Cherokee hit a utility terrain vehicle (UTV) around 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 24. The driver of the UTV, Corey McKinney, was killed in the collision. However, his wife, Sabrina McKinney, was flown to the hospital with serious injuries. Her condition is currently unknown.
The driver of the Jeep — Ricky Olivo, Jr. of Woodstock, Virginia — faces charges for DUI resulting in death, DUI causing serious bodily injury, and driving on a suspended license.
- String of 90°days in jeopardy today, as more widespread rain is expected.
- First annual Ronnie Roberts Senior Classic held in Lynchburg
- Lynchburg Black Lives Matter host a community affair
- After VA mother, daughter killed by car fleeing police, software creator wants to make donation to agencies
- Virginia Tech professor discusses African American perspectives on the Fourth of July