HENRICO COUNTY, Va. (WRIC) — A 55-year-old Henrico man accused of ripping down Black Lives Matter signs from someone’s fence has been charged with misdemeanor vandalism after he turned himself in to authorities.
According to police, officers responded to the 2100 block of Kelly Ridge Road for reports of vandalism in the area. The victim reported to police that someone had torn down their Black Lives Matter signs and plexiglass, which was along the outside of their fence.
“Thanks to the community working together, the officer was able to identify the person responsible for removing the signs,” Lt. Matthew Pecka told sister station 8News.
Stephen B. Safferwich Jr.turned himself in to the county’s Sheriff’s Office and was charged with misdemeanor vandalism in the case.
- Pinpoint Weather: Warming up over the weekend
- Liberty Flames hold first practice of the season
- 17 vehicles stolen from Michigan dealership 1 day before opening
- Extra safety precautions to be in place ahead of students’ arrival at North Cross School in Roanoke
- Shriners cancel Clifton Forge Fall Festival due to COVID-19