(WFXR) — The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) is reminding both drivers and pedestrians of a new crosswalk law that will go into effect Wednesday.
Starting Wednesday, July 1, the new law requires drivers to stop — and not just yield — for pedestrians at crosswalks in all lanes.
To make the new law extra memorable, VDOT shared a video of a furry friend using a crosswalk on social media.
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Virginia Tech enters season opener with limited roster and staff
- Virginia beats Duke 38-20 in season opener
- LISTEN: NC State @ Virginia Tech Facebook livestream
- Greater Lynchburg Transit Company to begin offering Sunday bus service