RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — A Richmond Circuit Court judge has issued a 10-day injunction against the removal of the Robert E. Lee monument.
According to the Monument Avenue Preservation Group, the temporary injunction order was approved on Monday. It prohibits the removal of the Confederate statue located on Monument Avenue for 10 days.
The group shared the injunction to their Facebook page:
The news comes on the same day that crews were called to inspect the statue, as part of Gov. Ralph Northam’s plan to remove the statue as soon as possible.
- Pinpoint Weather: Drying out and cooling down over the weekend
- Angels of Assisi gives back to community thanks to #Spaytogether stimulus fund
- Multi-vehicle crash closes several lanes of I-81 north in Roanoke County
- ‘We all want to get something done’: COVID-19 relief package remains at a standstill
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus