WASHINGTON (WRIC) — President Trump approved Governor Ralph Northam’s disaster declaration request today.
The move means the federal government is able to provide financial assistance to the state and local recovery efforts in Virginia because of COVID-19.
Virginia can still request more aid at a later date if needed.
- Feeding Southwest Virginia implements new changes to Summer Food Service Program amid COVID-19
- Becca Burns beats cancer twice and writes a book on the subject
- Blacksburg native Lanto Griffin wants to give back
- High School Fall Sports in Virginia are in limbo
- Former JMU Head Baseball Coach Brad Babcock passed away