SUFFOLK, Va. (WAVY) — Suffolk Police are investigating an early morning shooting after a man was found dead inside a vehicle.
Suffolk Police say they received reports for shots fired around 2:45 a.m. Saturday in the 200 block of North Broad Street and First Avenue.
When officers got to the scene, they say they witnessed a vehicle resting against a residence and pronounced the driver and sole occupant dead on the scene.
Police identified the victim as 29-year-old Lamar Octavious Elliot.
The residence did not sustain any damage.
Police have not clarified the cause of the driver’s death, but they did say that they are investigating the scene as a shooting incident.
The investigation is in its preliminary stage and no further information has been released.
- Danville drivers asked to avoid section of Piney Forest Road after crash
- Many more likely sought jobless aid amid resurgence of virus
- Montgomery County motorists delayed on I-81 North following tractor-trailer crash
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Report: Twitter bans Trump campaign from tweeting over COVID misinformation