VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) — Authorities say that a fugitive homicide suspect has been shot dead after officers tried to arrest him at a residence in Virginia.
U.S. Marshals said in a statement that the unidentified man was shot in Virginia Beach on Wednesday morning after he “produced a handgun.”
The statement said that the man was wanted on an out-of-state arrest warrant. U.S. Marshals did not identify the state. The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Virginia Beach police said that they will conduct an investigation into the shooting, along with the U.S. Marshals.
- NASA administrator says space missions on track despite COVID-19
- UPDATE: Southbound I-77 reopens in Bland County after vehicle fire at East River Mountain Tunnel
- Virginia NAACP says constitutional amendment on the ballot would adversely affect Black voters
- American, United Airlines to furlough 32,000 workers without federal bailout agreement
- Amid social unrest, local sheriff’s office prepares for National Night Out