JONESVILLE, Va. (WJHL) — Police are investigating a shooting that sent one person to the hospital.
Virginia State Police says it happened after 5 p.m. Wednesday at a residence in the 100 block of Sugar Maple Drive in Jonesville.
According to State Police, a man who had been shot was flown to Bristol Regional Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
A suspect was located “a short distance” away and was taken into custody, according to VSP.
Police have not released the name of the suspect or victim.
VSP says the investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
- President Trump to hold White House news briefing Wednesday
- NTSB Report: Pilot decisions during attempted landing caused Dale Earnhardt, Jr. plane crash
- Lynchburg Education Association raises concerns over abrupt change to education model
- Missouri Governor tests positive for COVID-19
- Carroll County offers grant to small businesses recovering from COVID-19