JONESVILLE, Va. (WFXR) — One man was seriously injured after a domestic dispute involving a gun and an axe in Jonesville on Wednesday evening.
Virginia State Police say they received three calls regarding a fight between two men.
The first call reported a fight broke out between two male family members around the 100 block of Sugar Maple Drive shortly after 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 5, according to police.
The second call detailed the fight had escalated and one man was left unconscious, Virginia State Police say.
According to the third call, the man had reportedly regained consciousness and the fight resumed. However, this time, police say the 29-year-old man was armed with a gun, while the 53-year-old man had an axe.
The 53-year-old was transported to Bristol Regional Medical Center with serious — but non-life threatening — injuries, according to Virginia State Police. The 29-year-old was taken into custody and is reportedly cooperating with police.
As of Friday, Aug. 7, officials have not released the names of the men involved. However, Virginia State Police say charges are pending and the investigation is ongoing.
- Medical advancements in breast cancer treatment with Carillion Clinic
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas
- American Airlines expands flight schedule at Lynchburg Regional Airport amid increase in passenger traffic
- Inclusive emojis: Transgender flag, male bride among new icons expected in the next iPhone operating system
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast