CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Chesapeake Police say an 8-month-old infant girl died Tuesday after she was left in a car alone.
Police responded to a report of a child left in a vehicle around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Adventure Way.
Officers arrived to find that an 8-month-old girl was left in the vehicle along for “several hours.” Medics also responded and gave first aid to the infant.
She was taken to a local hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The incident is under investigation.
Police did not provide any additional details.
CORRECTION: Chesapeake Police originally gave the wrong sex of the baby. It is a girl.
- NASA’s new $23 million titanium space toilet ready to blast off for testing from Virginia’s Wallops Island
- Relief for sleep apnea patients could come not with a machine, but an implant
- Senate Dems concerned about future of Affordable Care Act
- Report: Deaths in ICE facilities more than doubled in fiscal year 2020
- XFL football games to return spring of 2022