RICHMOND, Va. (WFXR) – In a virtual ceremony on Wednesday, Governor Ralph Northam signed 14 new bills into law.
The laws repeal discriminatory language left in the Virginia Code, including sections banning interracial marriage and segregating transportation and schools.
The Commission to examine racial inequality in Virginia law made the recommendations.
Governor Northam recently announced that the group will continue its work ahead of next year’s General Assembly.
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Reese’s launches big cups with pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- Vehicle crashes into building in Danville
- Filler-Corn releases statement on lack of disclosure of Virginia House member’s reported COVID-19 positive diagnosis
- Big Lick Comic-Con announces Flash Gordon star to make appearance at Roanoke event