GLOUCESTER, Va. (WAVY) — The Gloucester Sheriff’s Office is looking for a 60-year-old man after a woman was found severely injured and her infant child dead Tuesday.
Authorities are calling the incident a “suspicious death” investigation.
The Gloucester County Sheriff’s Office said they responded to the 4200 block of Aberdeen Creek Road around 1:40 p.m. Tuesday in reference to a child and infant who hadn’t been heard from “in an unusual length of time.”
Authorities entered the home to find the woman severely injured and her infant girl dead.
The woman is in critical but stable condition. The cause of her injuries and the cause of the infant’s death are still under investigation.
The sheriff’s office is trying to find the woman’s husband, Dennis Chambers. Authorities didn’t say what they believe his role was in connection with the incident but said he was last seen around 7 a.m. Tuesday morning at the residence in Gloucester.
He is 60 years old, 5 feet 5 inches tall and 155 pounds. He has blonde hair and blue eyes.
He was last seen driving a blue Volkswagen Beetle convertible with a black top, white stripe on the hood and down the side of each door. The license plate is VHZ-4625.
Those who know the whereabouts of this individual or vehicle should contact the sheriff’s office at 804 693-3890 and ask to speak with Investigator Perry.
- Danville drivers asked to avoid section of Piney Forest Road after crash
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends
- Montgomery County motorists delayed on I-81 North following tractor-trailer crash
- Los Angeles mayor OKs shutting off water, power to combat house parties and other gatherings
- Report: Twitter bans Trump campaign from tweeting over COVID misinformation