POWHATAN, Va. (AP) — A sheriff’s office in Virginia says three people are wounded and a man accused of shooting them is dead following a domestic incident.
The Powhatan County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement that deputies responded to a neighborhood around 8 p.m. Monday on a call that a family member inside a home had a gun and was pointing it at people.
The statement says three wounded victims escaped the home and told responding deputies the shooter was still inside.
The sheriff’s office says tactical teams searched the home and found the body of 56-year-old Raymond Morlock Jr. The victims’ conditions weren’t given, and authorities didn’t say how they knew Morlock.
- Northside Vikings reflect on soccer season cut short
- Hokies All-Access Minute (March 28, 2020)
- Roanoke couple hosts “drive-by” wedding shower
- VDH: Confirmed COVID-19 case in Alleghany County
- Alleghany Highlands Forecast